Simon Che de Boer is the founder and creative director of Reality Virtual. He specializes in VR, AR and 360-degree videos. In this episode, Simon explains the differences between AR, VR and 360-degree videos, why it’s important to filmmakers to truly understand those differences and how production and post is affected by this new technology.
- Simon’s background.
- Marcelo and Simon shared their first computers.
- How he got into digital cultural preservation.
- Why 360-Degree videos are a much less focus for him.
- VR vs AR vs 360-degree video. What’s the difference?
- How VR can simulate realistic environments.
- Why he thinks a future like Star Trek in virtual reality is possible.
- Where is Spatial Audio used today?
- Treating audio the same as they treat video.
- Adding interactivity in the room environment to augment virtual reality.
- The scary thought of virtual reality becoming actual reality.
- How production and post is affected by this mass quantity of data that VR produces.
- What sets his production team apart from others.