- Sony’s PlayStation VR is the most popular on the market worldwide.
- A decent graphics card is a necessity to play games (VR or otherwise) on PC.
- Zvi Greenstein is the general manager at Nvidia VR and explained the performance requirement for a good VR experience was seven times higher than for regular gaming on a monitor.
- A VR headset requires two displays, one for each eye.
- To avoid motion sickness, you need to render at 90 frames per second, well above the 30 or 60 frames per second people usually expect (from games).
- The other important thing is it requires a very low latency — if you move your head, the display has to be refreshed almost instantaneously.
- The GPU is the one device that’s responsible for rendering the scene — the more complex the scene, the more pixels you have to render, the more the powerful the GPU needs to be.
- When VR takes off it will impact our lives in a very meaningful way.