In this interview with Jason Bowdach, a colorist and finishing editor, we talk all about color and how color affects your storytelling. As eLearning developers, we should be telling compelling stories that help learners understand a complex subject or technique. Color, is a very important tool we can use to help us in that process. That’s the focus of today’s podcast episode.
- What is a colorist and how did you get into it?
- Tell us about your day to day responsibilities as a colorist?
- What does a finishing editor do?
- What kind of projects do you typically work on?
- Why should coloring be important to elearning developers or a professional working on elearning projects?
- What’s the difference between color correcting and color grading?
- How does color tone affect the mood of the video?
- How can color be used to manipulate the viewer into feeling certain emotions?
- How can we use color as a way to simplify complex problems and/or concepts in our videos?
- How can we make learners ‘want to watch’ instead of ‘have to watch’ elearning?
- How can we bring the Netflix experience into eLearning?
- Give us some tips for color manipulation in eLearning.
- What does it mean to shoot flat?
- What is latitude and why is that important in coloring?
- What are some color correcting / color grading tools?
- What tool do you use the most?
- Which resources do you recommend to learn more about color in general?